Thursday, July 7, 2011

The New Currency is Time

Lately, I have been thinking of my future and my current state. To me, this is by far the worst spot to be in at the most critical time in my life. The summer before I graduate and I'm not interning! Moreover, not making money and spending more time at home and with friends. Unproductive. Feels like I'm losing.

Me and my friend, Michael, are good for quoting: "If you're not winning, you're losing." Or "If you're not first, you're last."

However, a Jay-Z quote coupled with life experiences challenged me to look at losing differently. Jay-Z raps, "I will not fail.. Even in defeat, there's a valuable lesson learned so it evens it up for me."

[There goes a jewel that is dropped in a rap song] 
I digress... 


Portfolio Theory - Security Analysis
Time is Money. Money is Business. 

This summer, fate has dealt me the time card! [Life is a game] I have been given bank account full of time and yet I have taken that time and spent most of it watching tv, Facebook, internet surfing and sleeping more hours than usual. Life of a Poor Time Manager. 



Yes, I have been networking, dabbling in three books, and reading my Google Alerts on commercial real estate markets and banking. But, my [time] investment portfolio is not as well diversified in those securities (investment instruments).  

It's time I look in the mirror and confront my ego and bad habits. It is time I stop defending my ego.

Yesterday marked another chapter in my life. The title, "The New Currency is Time." In this chapter, I will be more wise on how I invest and spend my time.

I believe it was last year I wrote, 
"There are two things that never change... Time and Change. If you master both, then your success will be just as inevitable." 


Time waits for no man, it keeps ticking! Change, alike, will never die. Time and Change are immortal beasts! The person who masters their time and masters change (innovation and re-invention) their success will be sure to come.

I want to be that person. I am going to be that person. 



This is a scribe of my thoughts that will otherwise be trapped in the mirror, washed away, or flushed. And at times - cleaned. 


Bathroom Therapy... The Clean, The Bad, and The Dirty.

2 comments: