Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Therapy Now in Session - Lemonade, anyone?

Good evening Therapist,

Today was Different. Today, I made Lemonade. 


Before falling asleep around 5:00 am, I consulted with myself and decided to make a change. I e-mailed a friend my deepest concerns and emotions and a declaration to change my behavior. Before officially nodding off I set my alarm for 8:30 am. 


I rolled out of my bed at 9:20 am with the encouragement of the reply e-mail from my friend at 9:17 am. I made myself breakfast, brewed coffee, grabbed my portfolio, my mother's iPad, turned on my Pandora (easy listening radio), my brother's company cap and started making lemonade. I decided to create a blog! 


After a couple of minutes of thinking I decided to call my public memoir - Bathroom Therapy. Bathroom Therapy is metaphoric for being honest with oneself, with the charge of being real and changing. 


In my therapeutic chamber, I receive little-to-no cell phone coverage (thankfully), no physical company - it is just me, my mind, my audience of a determined number, my created destination, my favorite girl, and that fellow in the mirror I interrogate, challenge, discipline, share truths with, defend, model for and abandoned when I leave.


Today was Different. Today, I made lemonade. From now until I die, I declare to share my lemonade with you. Raise you Glasses! Or plastic cups :-)


This is a scribe of my thoughts that will otherwise be trapped in the mirror, washed away, or flushed. And at times - cleaned. 


Bathroom Therapy... The Clean, The Bad, and The Dirty.

1 comment:

  1. It's a courageous time when one can openly and unpretentiously admit to the therapy that takes place in many bathrooms. But who admits? In the solitude of the bathroom many creative ideas are birthed. Thanks for opening the door to bathroom therapy, alot of us would not admit to the peace and serenity we experience running the water and looking in the mirror creating many images. But remember one thing.....keep the stink to yourself...lol. Thanks for keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete